Old 06-11-19, 11:59 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
New generation of Gullicksons
I saw a certain Moser in their too...

Originally Posted by Flatballer
It's mostly downhill to work and mostly uphill back.
So on a day I wanted to train I could ride in, 30 minutes, ride home a long way and do an hour, get 90 minutes in, and it only costs me about 45 or 50 minutes over the drive.
The point for me is that I want it to be fun, and I don't (or shouldn't) care about doing well in races or being fast. If I'm fast enough to enjoy riding and be healthy overall, that should be my goal right now. I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old, I'm just not really willing to make the big sacrifices that would be necessary to be actually fast (which I never will be, because I'm fat and have bad genetics).
That is the ideal commute. Downhill means you can get to work with relatively little or no sweat. On the way home you know you have a shower waiting for you. And do you even need to take the "long way"? Riding your nuts off, uphill, for 30 minutes every day should be sufficient.

In the end, though, some of us just need a competitive outlet. If you don't want it to involve the bike, try some other sport or activity.