View Single Post
Old 06-12-19, 01:55 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4377 Post(s)
Liked 3,013 Times in 1,863 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
Are you riding in St Paul, MN? 'cause that's exactly my experience on the rough roads around St Paul (I've been on washboard gravel roads that's easier to ride than St Paul's paved roads. ). I took the heavy gravel bike for a group ride while waiting for part for the road bike, the "slow" gravel bike isn't the big penalty you'd expected (based on marketing hype). I'm not the strongest rider with our group but I ended up riding off the front and having to back off. The result for me, I'm riding much lower tire pressure on my road bike for the St Paul group rides and getting more PRs.
In the constellation of bad roads in the Twin Cities metro, Saint Paul gets special mention for being abysmal this year. It's truly hazardous. Patching from the rough winter has helped quite a bit in many spots around town. Except in St. Paul.

What St. Paul group rides do yo do?