Old 07-08-19, 09:00 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Lezyne Road Caddy. Wow. That's small. I was expecting small but not deck of cards small. It's much smaller than the Arundel tube bags.

Oh, well, I did want to minimize weight on the old Trek 5900. No point having a lighter bike if I'm gonna carry stuff like I'm going bike packing for a 20-30 mile training ride. I already carry too much stuff on my Ironman just because the Serfas Speed Bag holds so much.

Holds a tube, hefty plastic tire lever, Herokit ultra-flat multitool, Lezyne ultra-teensy patch kit, Mylar packet of DripDrop, and there's probably room for a minimalist CO2 kit, especially if I switch to my smaller tire levers.

Only nit I'd pick is with the fabric loop for hooking a taillight. No way that will hold up for long. I'll use my seatpost mount for the Cygolite Hotshot.

And the new Herokit ultra-flat multitool looks promising. Smallest I could find with a chain tool. Only criticisms from user reviews indicate it can rust a bit in some climates. Pretty good indication of higher carbon steel and probably tougher steel. We'll see. It's much flatter than my current favorite Spin Doctor multitool.
That's much smaller than I'd expected.

Seems to hold the necessities. Snug fit on the saddle, no wobbling.

That's flat.

Update... This has probably been covered in other reviews but the Lezyne Road Caddy is definitely not big enough to hold a typical CO2 kit, along with a tube, tire levers and multitool.

Even omitting the CO2 cartridge (which could be carried in a jersey pocket), I'm concerned the valve or threaded adapter will eventually wear through that thin Continental Race 28 tube.

The Arundel is a little larger, but the strap doesn't look as sturdy.

I'll keep the Lezyne but I'll continue carrying a mini pump on the water bottle cage.

Not quite large enough.

Last edited by canklecat; 07-10-19 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Update