View Single Post
Old 01-24-07, 09:09 PM
ronbridal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye
I made some out of 1/2" PVC pipe. I'm assuming you want a pair for practice. I think that for each barrier, i needed 10' straight PVC, two 90* elbows, and two 90* tee connectors. Out of the 10-footer, cut a 3' piece (the cross piece you'll hop), two 16" (or whatever height you want to jump) pieces for the down tubes, and four 12" pieces that will serve as bracket stands. What's nice about these is that they break before you do should you fall on them- not a feature of, say, pressure-treated 2x lumber. They are also light, and twist flat (or disassemble) should you want to take them somewhere. As far as standards go (height?), I routinely learn and forget this several times/season
I built something very similar but I used two horizontal bars to make it sturdier. My barriers are also a little wider. This is a very cheap way to do it and makes the hurdles very mobile as well. I have two built and stick them on my shoulder and ride down to the park to practice. Below is a picture of one of the hurdles. If you build like this, you will need two elbow joints, four tee connectors, and enough PVC. Not a bad set up. Plus you can take off the top tube and practice bunnyhops.