Thread: Remember these?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-12, 11:32 AM
Poguemahone
Vello Kombi, baby

Bikes: 1973 Eisentraut; 1970s Richard Sachs; 1978 Alfio Bonnano; 1967 Peugeot PX10

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
I'd still like to see some interior pages from those books. I like looking at comic art. Showing stuff like that to me is like discussing insurance claims with RobbieTunes.

A sketch or two (these are very quick 20 min things) from a bicycle/zombie project. They're not meant to be printed, but are part of the idea process:

There's a pile of these somewhere in the studio.

I did this for free for a local bike race, big mistake:

The last is a bit outside of my usual style (bordering on realism, not my usual thing). Thanks for the kind comments comparing me to Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes). He is an amazing cartoonist, with a real sense of the body in motion as well as one of the most fluid brush lines I have ever seen. He is also far better than I am, but this is best explained over many beers. That guy is so good in ways no one ever realizes; his panel to panel composition is subtle, clear, and utterly brilliant. He's the kind of cartoonist other cartoonists rhapsodise about. His bike cartoons are great (there are a small number of them, he's a rider).

I'm actually putting together a book right now, but I hate the digital prep part of my work, which is why I am off to draw up a frontispiece (and why I've been on the board a bit this AM).

Waste your money! Buy my comic book!