View Single Post
Old 09-23-19, 12:17 PM
Clem von Jones

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
The CR720s work really well with short-pull road style brifters and feel identical at the levers to road calipers. In general these wide profile cantilevers work much much better than medium or low profile cantis. I see the person above me called them "medium profile" and it's true there are other ones with with even a wider profile but the 720s are wide enough to work well. The only reason to not always use wide profile cantis which have so much more mechanical leverage is the unfortunate fact they stick out far, can interfere with panniers if you have racks, and worst of all they might hit your heels if you have large feet and ride a smaller frame size, or they might scratch your legs as you dismount. If you can run wide on both front and back though do it because wide cantis work and feel great. I would call the CX50 medium-profile cantis. Low profile cantis are hell on earth with short-pull brake levers, don't go there, there's isn't enough leverage and your hands will never be strong enough.

Last edited by Clem von Jones; 09-23-19 at 12:37 PM.