View Single Post
Old 09-09-20, 08:42 AM
Zaskar

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 156 Posts
tdilf The tires came on the bike - a 2018 Canyon Grail. They're probably 50% spent, worn in but not worn-out... just added some Stans via the stem. I suspect the culprit may have been dropping the PSI too much.

But you're right about tires often needing time to seat... I raced this bike the first time I rode it off road. I'd ridden it 4 or 5 times on the street using another wheel set with road tires. My race went like this...
Friday evening: Pull the tubes, set up tubeless on the 40mm Schwalbes... Saturday - still holding pressure. Race starts at super high pace (24 mph ++) and 7 miles in, I'm thinking I'm gonna blow up - but thinking the bike is awful comfy... then realize why I'm blowing up AND the bike is so comfy... back tire is at about 10 psi. Race over for me.

However, even after TWO tube swaps - in the rain - and the race blown, I had so much damn fun the rest of that ride. I was hooked!

chas58 Exactly! The beginner to intermediate trails that are boring on the mtn bikes are perfect for the gravel bikes.

Last edited by Zaskar; 09-09-20 at 08:59 AM.