ericcox
Trying to keep up

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, Orbea Onix, Ridley Fenix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by telebianchi
Those are interesting. But I'm not looking for carbon. I'm not the best descender but do hit some big hills (3 to 7 miles; friends hitting 40 mph average while I'm happy with 27-29 mph on the descents). Even some of the name brands recommend not using their carbon wheels on big descents if you'll be using the rim brakes. Wet weather is another issue for my only set of wheels, but I've been reading that that is not quite the issue with carbon as it used to be thanks to improvements in the brake track. Of course, not sure if that includes sub-$400 carbon wheels.

That said, If I drive about two hours east it's really flat and some more aero wheels could be a lot of fun over their.

Thanks!
I'm not sure how I'd feel with these on long descents, but brakes are also my next upgrade due to some issues with mine that predate these wheels (new Ultegra brakes arrive Sunday).

​​​​​
​​I have done a few wet rides, and they were fine. In terms of weight, they are lighter than what came on my bike, but no, they aren't super light. If you ever want to try aero on the cheap, I'd recommend them.