View Single Post
Old 04-30-19, 08:26 AM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by mcours2006
Even though I'm not training for any races I find the idea of using the commute to get in your daily exercise too appealing to pass up. Conversely, sitting in traffic for 90 minutes a day and then have to go ride or run, well, that's just a lot of wasted time. It's what I used to do before I started riding to work. I could never go back.

@redlude97, Interesting idea about waiting a few more hours after getting to work. I normally eat right when I get to work, so really about a 13-14 hour fast, but I might try extending that to 15 or 16 just to see how my body reacts to it.
Some of that is practical. I had already started doing a 16/8 intermittent fast over the winter by simply skipping breakfast and waiting until lunch to eat at work and just continued it on the bike to save time and it didnt seem to affect my glycogen replenishement for my ride home around 6pm. Theres some fat adaption that occurs after awhile too, I can go out and ride 50 miles in a fasted state with just water now, and carry and eat less food in general on centuries etc. When cyclocross season comes I stop fasting to keep energy stores high for lots of intensity