Old 05-23-19, 01:44 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
@roundrocktom -- Thanks. I'll pay a little closer attention to my diet. I do have some drastic variations in energy level, so it's possible my diet is contributing some issues.

I'm going to ask my endocrinologist about increasing my levothyroxine dosage. Officially I'm still on 75mcg, which is much lower than most folks I've heard from who take thyroid meds. Most of them seem to be taking 150-200mcg. That may be why my energy level is still so erratic, usually very low.

Unofficially I began adding a 25mcg dose before bedtime. This study indicates nighttime/bedtime doses work better for some people than the usual advice to take meds first thing in t emorning on an empty stomach. The only problem for me is I often tend to eat late, so even at midnight I'm not taking meds on an empty stomach.

With the 100mcg total dosage I was able to handle a 45 mile casual paced morning group bike ride this weekend (around 11 mph). I haven't had enough energy for a ride before noon since last year, so that was unusual for me. And a little more spirited 45 mile group ride Tuesday evening, around 16 mph. No problems with energy level either day, just the usual aches and pains from neck, back and shoulder injuries. Stretching partway through helps.

But the following days after both rides I was exhausted, could hardly get out of bed. So I'm not quite back to normal.