Thread: Touring pics
View Single Post
Old 05-29-19, 09:12 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
I know this seems a bit odd, but that is a wonderful post in its own way. I am not religiously based, but some of the most wonderful experiences for me and Machka together on touring in France and even England and Scotland has been seeing the incredible buildings that are part of religious history of those two countries.

I am sort of hoping to go through some of the bike touring pictures and one day posting a few here -- but they are probably all a bit out of date with the currency of so many here great pictures here now.
It is interesting to read this and hear other say such things.

For those who believe - and I acknowledge that religion is a banned topic - these places contain the very intense and lingering presence of God. These are sacred spaces, even if they are no longer in use. The word "palpable" comes to mind.

Your marriage to Machka is no less sacred. That's my belief. I envy you both who share your love for each other and for cycling. You are both blessed.

-Tim-