Old 08-26-04, 09:27 AM
SteveE
Veni, Vidi, Vomiti

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti, Pivot Vault, Salsa Spearfish

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
Serotta Legend Ti, Lemond Poprad, Moseman Tandem

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?

Take a multi-vitamin and a mineral every day 'cause I don't trust my diet!

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?

I don't think I've slowed down too much. I'm stronger now than I was 15 years ago but probably not as strong as 20 years ago. Since moving to CA (in 1997), riding more, and losing weight I've dropped my time on the local benchmark climb from about 27 minutes to under 22 minutes.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?

I've ridden bikes since I was a kid, stopped during HS and college, picked it up again when I was about 25. Between 1987-1996 I didn't ride as much while the kids were little.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?

Most of my rides are in the 60-80 mile range. I do about 4 or 5 organized centuries a year. I ride with a racing club and do about 5 RRs a year and get my a$$ handed to me in the Master 45+ group. Next year I'll be racing with the 55+ old farts, so maybe I'll have better results!

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?

I usually bike 3-4 times a week. One or two times during the week and rides both Saturday and Sunday. I don't record my mileage but estimate that I average over 7,000 miles per year.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?

Cycling pretty much takes up most of my recreational time. I enjoy hiking and try to go skiing a couple of times each winter. I hate running!

I turned 54 this year.