Old 06-10-20, 04:32 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by SJX426
We visited the birth place of George Washington over the week end. All park were suppose to be open. it wasn't There is area near for picnicking where we went. the WC was locked up. I don't get it. The safest place to be is in the open with fresh air. The location does not suit a large number of visitors. They even had a patrol cruising up an down the road to ensure no one passed the posted signs! REALLY?!

I guess if it is safe and acceptable to randomly pee on the side of the road in Japan and other far east areas, it could be acceptable here. Just need to get over the cultural inhibitions. Pretend you are riding in a Tour!
NYC is busting out with peeing all over, per the news, as drink "windows" are open, but no restrooms.
Interstate rest stops are open between St. Louis and NC, as I found 2 weeks ago, but that doesn't help cyclists much.

I did back-back centuries on the Madison County Trails in SE IL weekend before last. No bathrooms or water, but one trail head had bathrooms open and we simply used convenience stores, one of which was also selling weed. It worked well. Last weekend's metric, in 90+ heat: I was fine, but some riders with us wanted colder water, etc, so we used convenience stores again. We had to buy ice once and simply share the bag, but it worked. Trails are marked to keep 20' of safe distancing, but the MCT in IL were packed with riders, skaters, walkers, runners. We used roads where we could.

A trip to Iowa County, WI may be scrapped, as our favorite host town is still shut down. The hotel we like will not open, due to close proximity to a convenience store. His main fear is litigation if someone gets sick. The downtown may open 4-8 carryout only. I've not seen such a shutdown anywhere. So. IL, So. IN, masks and open stores. I shopped in Walmart and Costco and Menards and Office Depot in St. Louis, masks required in a couple, optional in others, and being largely ignored. Ate great Indian food last night, two tables in a big room, great food.

Looks like it most places with protests and demonstrations are sort of counting out 14 days to see if there's a spike from those.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 06-10-20 at 04:43 PM.