Old 06-24-20, 06:33 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1565 Post(s)
Liked 1,296 Times in 866 Posts
This feels like deja vu, must have been six years ago that someone else here at C&V had almost exactly the same story as this haul!

I even had to check the posting date more than once, thinking this must be that same horde, similar vintage with 3-speeds and all.

I'm thinking that there had to be some sort of investment angle to the whole thing, like perhaps a period of time where a generation/style of bikes were being tossed out right and left, ...and the good parts had to be saved.

I similarly have boxes of things like 110mm bcd cranksets and 7s drivetrain gear that comes from all of the good 1990-ish bikes that people get rid of these days.
I still even have pairs of new 26" wheels that I hand-built, in addition to many other pairs.

The tires in the attic probably looked more like new when this man put them up there, just that he perhaps didn't take into account the effects of heat and smoggy air.

Anyway, it's good to hear that all of this stuff didn't just go straight to the dump!