Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 09:49 AM
Amt0571

Bikes: Canyon Grand Canyon AL SL 8.0, Triban RC520 Gravel Ltd, Btwin Ultra 520 AF GF, Triban Road 7, Benotto 850

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked 215 Times in 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Elbeinlaw
AMT0571: I remember this story I read in college (in a galaxy long ago and far away) where a non-biologically male narrator mentioned in passing that her boyfriend was repairing his Harley in their one-bedroom apartment's kitchen. One of my classmates (a non-biologically-male person) said that that was completely unrealistic. It sounded so realistic to me that I didn't even notice it until she mentioned it.

Yesterday, when I was repairing my Bike Friday in my kitchen, my wife of 37 years walked around and threaded her way through all the pieces and tools on every available surface and didn't even comment. Of course the aforementioned Woman of Valor has been trained (Stockholm syndromed?) for 37 years.
I repair my bikes in my living room. Including brake bleeds involving DOT 5.1 fluids and fork maintenance. It's far from ideal though, and I can't repair my car in my livingroom unless you can enlighten me on how to fit it in the elevator.

BTW, you can't fit a bike and have room to move around in the average European kitchen. Let alone having space to have the tools at hand.