View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 01:16 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked 969 Times in 792 Posts
Originally Posted by axolotl
What I wrote is quite clear. If you have anything specific to address in what I wrote, cite it, rather than offering another pointless generalization about the US which has nothing to do with what I wrote. Frankly, your desire to argue is as great or greater than just about everyone on this forum. Sigh indeed.
Ax, the one thing I would add here is to please realize that for those who either work in the healthcare system, or in the elder care world-- the real world implications, heart break, etc etc of covid is something that weighs heavily on us (not to mention the stress and concerns that come along with this).

I personally know of two people who have lost parents during this time, and just the fact of not being able to be with a loved one at the end of their life in the same way that was possible before, or to have a regular funeral and emotional closure, is a really terribly terribly sad thing.

Please be aware that for those of us connected to this covid situation differently than just watching things on tv or looking at graphs, the emotional response is dfifferent, and as Canadians seeing growing cases in the United States, I for one look at things and numbers and dots and statistics aside, all I think of are all the poor families dealing with heartbreak and sorrow.