Old 07-10-20, 06:35 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Sad time at Boulder Bicycle

Just received an email from Boulder Bicycle, sad news from their operation. (If this duplicates any earlier post, please delete, and apologies to all.)

"BoulderBicycle.bike

Please Stay Safe

Sad News at Boulder Bicycle

It is with great sadness that I report the unexpected passing of James Martin over the July 4th Weekend. He was the backbone of Boulder Bicycle for many years and a dear friend who will be greatly missed.

Bicycles were just one of his passions. His knowledge of music, pro audio, photography, and politics was awe inspiring. To honor his memory, I'd like to suggest actions that promote equality, health, and justice for everyone.

I'm not sure how the passing of James will impact Boulder Bicycle. As many know, Boulder Bicycle's future was already a bit uncertain as I've been considering scaling things back and/or retirement. As working for Boulder Bicycle provided James with a rather "safe" environment to work in the age of Covid, the most recent plan was to keep the business going for at least awhile.

For the very immediate future, the best guess is Boulder Bicycle will continue on a Monday and Thursday shipping schedule (but no orders will ship on Thursday July 23rd). But plans moving forward are really in flux and subject to change as big decisions are being made.

Please stay safe out there!"

I have enjoyed purchasing from BB since getting addicted to C&V cycling, really hope that things can work out eventually. Prayers for James Martin's family and friends, and for the BB crew.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13