View Single Post
Old 01-01-19, 07:35 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Here's my 2018 Roam 2, with newest addition: Topeak MTX DXP trunk bag (thanks to Santa). I was out for a new year's morning ride, and stopped by a small pond for a couple of pictures. I'm glad that I moved the fenders over from my Trek Verve (which I don't really ride anymore): I've benefited from them on a number of rides now (wet surfaces with puddles). These are the 40mm Schwalbe Little Big Ben tires, which are a nice balance between tough durability and good ride quality (they're a reasonable weight -- 590g). They have Schwalbe's "RaceGuard" level of tread protection (4 out of a best of 6 on their scale), which includes two layers of fabric under tread.

The Topeak MTX DXP trunk bag is reviewed pretty thoroughly on the internet. It's a durable bag with zip-out panniers on each side (denoted by the "P" in the nomenclature). The DXP has a zip-expandable main section also, for larger capacity (vs. the EXP, which does not have an expandable main section). I like that I can slide this out and I've already got a Topeak Explorer Disc rack on order for my MTB, so I can run the bag on either one.

IMG_20190101_100211784 by jnjadcock, on Flickr

IMG_20190101_100200331 by jnjadcock, on Flickr

I have about 300 miles on my Roam now...have owned it since last summer.