View Single Post
Old 04-24-19, 10:22 AM
berlinonaut

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wesgreen
You said "The frame defects problem was resolved years ago." , which is obviously untrue, thereby misleading a potential buyer, and possibly endangering his health/life.
On which foundation do you claim that? Your claim is not at all obvious to me. In case you are referring to the recently broken frame of the cargo node: The owner himself said that he probably overstressed the frame - he fitted an electric motor on a non electric with four times (!) the amount of power that the factory one has. Apart from that the factory electrc version may (!) have enforcements in or a not obvious different construction on the frame (do not know, but i.e. with the Brompton Electric this is the case). If you put a motor into a car with four times the power that the factory offers and allows at maximum and after a while and intensive usage of that extra power the suspension broke - would you then call it a faulty construction by the factory, call them non-trustworthy and disreccomend buying a car from them?

edit: Is seems to be the case that Tern dosn't even offer an electric version of the cargo node, at least I cannot find it on their webpage currently. If they offered an eletric version it would - as their other pedelecs - probably be limited to 25 km/h and 250Watt. Whereas the user with the broken frame used a 1000Watt motor and did - as he says - make intensive use of that power.

Last edited by berlinonaut; 04-24-19 at 10:31 AM.