View Single Post
Old 07-03-20, 06:28 PM
JJScaliger

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 58 Posts
Wow, those two catalogues are a wealth of information! Thanks for posting them and the link for the grease nipples!

My goal right now is to get this frame built into a bicycle so I can ride it. I bought this frame to get out of my comfort zone on rebuilds. I'm thinking this frame will be built up in at least a few incarnations. A flip flop to start and then a Sturmey Archer IGH next after I build up a rear wheel (tubular). I haven't even considered that I could fit a 4 speed freewheel on the flip flop hub. That is a killer idea by Iab. I would rather put some anachronistic parts on now and chase down period correct replacements later. It seems like Charter Lea and TDC parts are hard to find in nice condition. I probably will have to be patient to get the appropriate, period correct components. I'm certainly not adverse to installing a nice cottered crank like a Chater Lea or Williams 1000. I will say I'm not interested in weighting down this light frame with any boat anchors or something that is not aesthetically pleasing because it is period correct. I have a lot of reading to do in those two catalogues thanks again!

Last edited by JJScaliger; 07-03-20 at 06:46 PM. Reason: sp