Old 07-10-20, 08:22 AM
eyemkeith

Bikes: 1992 Bridgestone XO-2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by PoorInRichfield
Think about it... cycling is about 99.9999999% pasty white guys and 0.0000000001% everyone else. (Yes, I'm a pasty white guy ) Heck, I don't even know if there are any women on this forum or any bike forum I post on. My cousin who is female and an avid cyclist does what she can to avoid the barrage of online weird-o's who contact her simply because she's a "chick on a bike". Heck, even on Zwift she set up her profile to be as anonymous as possible and from a country she doesn't live in so as to not be pestered by all the goons looking to use that platform to connect with women.

Long-story-short, if you're a remotely attractive women who bikes, I don't think you need an app to find a date... you need an app to protect yourself from too many date requests.

(If you're female and disagree, please speak-up!)
I can't like this post hard enough.

Also, if there are any women here, I'm guessing its few. And not just because of actual discussion of the supposed merits of strava as a creeper app, which is simply baffling, but because of the locker room talk like this:
Originally Posted by Troul
what if they wax, only the chain?
<stands on soapbox>

I love bikes. And biking. So much.

But man, the stereotype of biking being nothing but a boys club of pasty whites isn't exactly being challenged by stuff like this. I'd like to see everyone on a bike. Every-freaking-one. I don't think I'm out of line saying that the majority of people here do as well. But we can't bring them in if this is what they see, you know? I'm not saying we need to join hands and sing and hug, but maybe a think a little about how all this would look to your daughter, girlfriend, mom.

Biking rocks. Let's let everyone in to the club.

</stands on soapbox>