Old 05-06-16, 04:56 PM
rousseau

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by DVC45
This thread is now making me depressed.
Actually, as a newly-minted mid-century guy who started getting prostate crap happening last year, I figure I might as well throw in my two cents vis-a-vis what I've learned by trial and error, which is this: Diet seems to be a parameter that can have an impact on prostate issues.

Cutting down on red meat, greasy food in general and caffeine to a bare minimum (I hardly drink these days, but alcohol would probably have to go, too) while upping the good and healthy food quotient (veggies, lentils, increased magnesium from sunflower and pumpkin seeds--apparently many people don't get enough magnesium) has been the answer, along with staying well-hydrated with water. That last bit sounds counter-intuitive, and you may indeed tinkle a bit more often during the day, but being properly hydrated is good for you overall, which is therefore good for your prostate overall.

I only get up once per night these days, and don't have any pain. I can ride all I want, and that's important, because keeping active physically helps with the prostate discomfort too.

This has been my experience, anyway. Your silage may vary, of course.