Thread: Do you record?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-20, 07:41 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
Those weird-angle intersections and junctions are so New England
oh thanks for picking up on that. I thought I added a caption for the double-reverse-wishbone (but that may be in another vid on another day). it's brutal in a car. I think I get more courtesy on a bike. & waving ..., yeah why not? right?

& taking the lane on Main St as I approach Elm St is important. timing that is tricky tho. the sun can be blinding to me heading West in the evening. even tho the incoming/opposing traffic from Elm St can see me cuz the sun is in my face, it's good to have a strong front strobe there. that plus taking the lane helps make that incoming/opposing traffic from Elm St stop & wait for me to pass

by far the trickiest spot may be going from the shoulder, to taking the lane that cars use to enter a highway entrance ramp as they accelerate & then crossing over again to the thru lane to continue over the highway (Route 3). this illustraion may not be accurate cuz I doing the lane switching before this point, but I wanted to show the interchange situation & didn't want to post a humongous photo

it really helps me to watch how I handle these spots on different days so I can do it better. doesn't change the tough spot, but I think I get better at them after seeing them over & over

Last edited by rumrunn6; 03-05-20 at 08:27 AM.