Old 03-05-20, 08:20 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 110 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 909:

37F this morning (a morning above freezing in March! Woohoo!) but a 30 mph headwind with gusts up to 50 mph. So I wound up wearing the same clothes I normally would to ride in the teens as the wind put quite a chill into things. It's not supposed to shift, so I should be able to make it home in record time.

The good news is the night above freezing coupled with the winds really did a number on the remaining ice, so there was noticeably less of it this morning. I'm hoping by next week that all of it is gone. Amazing that more than two month later we're still dealing with the ice from the December 27th storm, but that's South Dakota for you. It just doesn't warm up in the winter long enough to do any significant melting.

After 10 years the battery in the computer on my hybrid bike started to get weak, so I replaced it with a new battery. Wow! Those numbers are now much darker and easier to see. The manual said to expect about 3 years out of a battery, so I don't feel shortchanged in the least.