cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Originally Posted by t_e_r_r_y
i wonder if they lost it, or if the one guy was just stubborn and didn't feel like looking for it. it would be interesting to hear the shop's side
I'd be spitting fire about any shop that "just didn't feel" like looking for my bike when I come to pick it up.

If every bike shop were like that, it'd be easier to hand the bikes over to a thief directly and cut out the middleman.

Originally Posted by Chombi1
Unfortunately, Not sure if it can legally be considered "negligence" on the part if the bike shop, unless there's some sort of contractual agreement with both parties that then might obligate the shop to practice "reasonable care" in the way they store and handle the bikes in their possesion.
All that can be brought up is an expression of disappointment from the bike owner for them momentarily losing track of the bike, and it's wholey up to the shop to decide (for goodwill), if they will compensate or not.....
I agree that it's a matter of principle - not legalities - now that the bike has been found.

However, you bring up a very good point about the obligation of a bike shop to keep their customer's bikes well kept, as a general rule.

Other than the claim check, there are no legal documents to protect the bike owner if their LBS damages their bike with impunity - if anything, the bike owner may be at the complete whims of whatever the shop cares to hang up on their wall that day as their "rules."

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 07-17-19 at 06:54 PM.