Old 05-21-09, 10:31 PM
Buglady

Bikes: 2018 Ghost Square Trekking B2.8 e-bike; 2015 MEC Cote gravel/touring bike; 1985 Boyes-Rosser tourer, now outfitted as Winter Trundle-bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Yeah. New tire. That's what that bike needs. Then it will be totally fine, not an abomination at all!!

On a tangentially related note, I have recently learned that the Craigslist apartment ads are a haven for scammers. I really have to wonder if anyone ever falls for the "I'm working in East Africa and I really need someone to take good care of my condo while I'm gone, that's why it's so cheap! Just send me a moneygram with the deposit and I'll send you the keys by DHL Courier! Oh, and I will send more pictures of the inside if you want, but it's complicated for you to see it in person because I'm in Africa you see." (No kidding, I had 3 of these in a row and they all specified that particular courier. No idea why).

(I was quite relieved to find a place that I could actually enter, with an actual landlady there, and therefore I signed a 3 month lease very quickly indeed. (There's a workbench for bikes! And a cubby to park my trailer! Whee!).)