View Single Post
Old 09-08-15, 06:18 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 640 Posts
Depends if I'm carrying the BBQ or not... and how much beer. (I'm not joking) I bought a pressed steel BBQ for $5 in Japan, to cook up all their awesome seafood and corn. Figured it was worth the extra few pounds for some luxury.

Last tour bike and gear was 90lbs give or take a 6 pack. But I ride an old mountain bike that I've kitted for durability rather than lightness, use Marathons that weigh 800g each, carry gear to go on overnight hikes in alpine conditions and have a Taj Mahal sized tent. Makes it slow going up hills and fast going down the other side. With me on board it's close to 300lbs. I also tour more to look at things and enjoy the scenery in the style only a bicycle can give you, up close and personal, but fast enough that you don't have to look at the same thing if you don't want to, unlike walking.