View Single Post
Old 01-21-19, 01:19 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
All this carrying another person is NOT what this bike is about, it's CARGO CARYING, or a REGULAR BICYCLE for one, IMO. That picture of someone riding in the cargo box was a stunt, I am sure it was not to be taken seriously...
If they post a picture prominently on their site of a person riding in the cargo bin .... what did they expect? As fro cargo carrying ... I can load so much on a standard bike with panniers i cannot pedal the bike. What do i need more for? I once loaded four hand drums, each about a foot or so in diameter and with the overall rig, stands included, weighing Way too much, on the back of my rack ... with panniers carrying the rest of my gear. Comically enough ... this extendable bike would not have offered any better carrying options.

From the site: "With a quick lifting move, the rear wheel is able to fold out of the basket. This creates space for groceries, sport equipment or a child’s seat. Its volume offers space for two crates of water."

In other words, everything any of my working bikes offer, plus the added weight, complexity and numerous added failure-points provided by the folding option.