Old 03-09-20, 11:08 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,579 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by UniChris

up to Lumberville & Bull's Island.

​​​​Worst conditions were when missed a dogleg under RT 202 on the NJ side below Stockton and stayed on the rail trail.
I still lament the loss of the campground at Bull's Island. Was my favorite place to ride from home for a long weekend tour. 60 or so miles from my house. Great for training. The first weekend I stayed there was an Easter weekend. On Good Friday there were a few sites occupied. Saturday night we had the entire place to ourselves. Kind of spooky. Once the Black Bass Hotel re-opened after flood damage you could walk across the pedestrian bridge for a drink at the bar, which was originally in Maxim's of Paris. Alas, repeated flooding damaged the root systems of the large trees. For safety reasons, the state decided to close the campground and fell the trees. When money allows, the plan is to create a nature walk through the former campground.

There is little to no signage at that turn. I missed it once a long time ago. The stretch behind the houses in L'Ville is nice. You can see right into peoples' lives.