Old 09-14-20, 01:56 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
they've got a rest day to figure it out. hopefully their plan won't be to pull a bojangles manuever (against higuita) and take out s. bennett but their options are getting increasingly limited.
1. hoping that bennett misses the time cut on one of the upcoming mtn stages or crashes out or pulls a sagan (too soon, i know) and gets dq'd from the race. analysis-unlikely.
2. hoping covid-19 does what it does so well and bounces team dqs outta the race. analysis-unlikely.
3. putting team bora through the paces stages 16-19 (team jv might be down with bora pushing the pace early on during those 4 stages) analysis-likely.
4. sagan going on some crazy, thor-like escapade/break on a mtn stage to score sprint points. analysis-increasingly possible and dependent on stage 16 results/success.
5. sagan will likely finish in the top 8 in the final stage but bennett could win the stage outright (altho i'm still picking wout) and sagan will need a buffer to cover the point allocations in case
bennett finishes significantly higher than sagan.

team bora isn't riding for anything else but the green jersey and stage wins currently. schachmann and kamna have looked good lately and either is capable of pulling off a stage win but
i think the chances that either of them (or both) take a stage win is significantly less than their chances of winning the green jersey.