Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
Thanks for the reply. I have a long history of spinal issues also. I have had 4 surgeries: 2 partial discectomies, disc replacement at L5-S1, and fusion at C5-C6. I was in PT, exercising, stretching, ice and heat, for quite awhile before the first 2 and did get to the point of being almost bed ridden before the surgeries were done. Chronic, agonizing, horrific pain that I hope to never have to experience again. The replacement at L5-S1 was still considered experimental when I had it done, surprisingly my insurance did cover it. A lot of documentation of the injury and of the prognosis of other options, and the cost of those other options. I hope your regimen keeps working for you. I was out of options if I wanted to get back to a more normal life. Living in constant debilitating pain is no way to live. Fortunately I have done well post op with all of them. Not true for too many others. I wish you the best and keep doing what you like to do.
And thanks back at you. That gives me some idea of the experiences which would lead to back surgery. Got it. Definitely working out tomorrow, hoping that keeping my back strong and in column will continue to delay disaster.