Old 05-18-19, 06:19 PM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
Just wanted to give an update on my bike since it’s been a while. I actually made a lot of changes like adding a dropper post, higher rise stem, getting a set of 29+ wheels built up, and converting to 1x10.

However, I think it’s time to retire the drop bars, as I want this bike to be more trail oriented (and because I feared for my life after riding this bike with drops at a local trail). I will say that I was easily able to swap back to flat bars; it really only took 20 minutes to put everything back. The one thing I will say is that this bike definitely feels like more of a trail bike even with its XC geometry. I’m thinking the 35 degree stem might play a role in that.

I still don’t prefer traditional flat bars so I ordered a Surly Moloko handlebar which should give me more hand positions for extended riding. The drop bars were fun, so I will miss it a bit...