View Single Post
Old 02-04-21, 07:47 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4436 Post(s)
Liked 4,085 Times in 2,723 Posts
Originally Posted by Rolla
Shuri makes a 120 fixed hub with a rotor mount, but I think it's a bad idea, anyway. The Box adapter only accepts a 140mm rotor and has a rider weight limit of 150 lbs.
Hmmm...never heard of that company but a website called only high end dot biz is probably a good winner though I guess it could be just a German company and don't sell a ton in the U.S.? But yeah bad idea. If you need better braking it is all at the front anyway and there are disc brake single speeds and fixed gear frames out there and some good ones. Also there are plenty of excellent linear pull and cantilever brakes as well as side pull brakes and pads and cables and housing that will give excellent braking without the need for discs. The cantilever brakes on my Cinelli Work frame are fantastic and don't really need anything more and I can run 120mm hubs at the rear.