Old 06-26-20, 02:19 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by tomtomtom123
One problem is that the vertical part of the adapter with the actual braze-on is only held in with a single bolt, so it could possibly twist itself loose, and on my copy, the tiny tab on the bottom that's supposed to be the "anti-twist" stop has such a huge gap to the surface that the tab is supposed to press against, so the vertical part would have to twist almost 5-10 degrees until it hits the stop. I would probably have to glue some shims to it if I want to keep it more parallel to the clamp.

If I had the chance to redo my FD adapter, I would still 3D print another vertical part for the new clamp, for better ease of adjustment and positioning. But at least the new model might solve some of the problems that the old adapter had, although it introduces 2 new problems with the "twisting" with the single bolt, and the flat bolt face.
Uh, I just tried this new Litepro on Brompton and the finger of the adapter, secured with just one bolt, rotates uncontrollably under the forces common for derailleur operation. Yes, maybe one could stabilize it with some shim, but then the shim might slip out or something. I am retreating from that route and going back to my adapter for Birdy there. The latter worked fine, but I was curious whether I could pull the derailleur in by 1 mm or so by swapping the adapters Another problem was with the derailleur's spring getting in the way of shift cable. As background info, I have there a double derailleur working as triple. I was working around that area so it was a good opportunity to try.