Old 10-01-05, 01:58 PM
DannoXYZ 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AnthonyG
I've got no idea.

The Atkins diet wasn't reccomended by the WAPF although to be honest there was actually a gap in view between Dr Atkins and the company he started. Dr Atkins was closer to WAPF principles than the company. The company prompted soy based foodstuffs that aren't reccomended by WAPF.

I don't count carbohydrates and I don't reccomend it for anyone else. I eat plenty of vegetables but I don't eat starches which are lacking in nutrition anyway. I eat whatever I wan't in moderation and I'm not scared of fat. I genuinely don't like starchy foods.

Anyway, the WAPF point is that a high protein food diet lacking in fat is a recipie for malnutrition and in fact if your still suffer from fat paronia then eating high carbohydrate is healthier.

Regards, Anthony
Yeah, I've never been a fan of fad-diets much anyway. Personally I don't think fats and cholesterol's that bad. I don't know if it was an editing error in that book-review, but fats aren't used to build cell-walls, it's cholesterol. Fats are just the carrier that transports cholesterol in and out of the liver, like a semi-truck. And cholesterol's the building blocks for most hormones too.

I think the main problem we have from complications with fats and obesity is that people just eat way too damn much for the level of exercise they're doing... It's simple, calories-in vs. calories-out.

I've lost 60 lbs since 1-Jan from eating mainly desserts! My diet consists of 60-80% carbs depending upon the workouts I'm doing. On weekend rides, I'll burn off over 6000 calories and most of my intake's carbs. Certainly doesn't seem to hurt one bit as I'm getting closer and closer to losing the 100lbs I gained since hanging up the bike 10years ago.

Last edited by DannoXYZ; 10-02-05 at 12:24 AM.