Old 10-23-15, 12:55 PM
InTheRain

Bikes: 2007 Rocky Mountain Sherpa 30 (bionx), 2015 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Yeow! How much is the cost of the entire e-bike?
The bike started out as a touring bike that I used as a commuter. Initial cost was $1400. I made changes and added accessories (fenders, racks, lights, changed the saddle and bars, added pedals, panniers, disc brakes (expensive modification)... so much, too much to continue listing.) I really like the utility, geometry, and feel of the bike. When I went to look for e-bikes I couldn't find anything close to the bike I already had and loved riding. (I can't recall seeing an e-bike with drop bars.) So, I was well over $2000 into this bike. I went with a BionX e-bike kit. Cost of the kit was $2400 with installation. Yep... and $1200 of that is the battery. So yes, I'm into this about $5000+ (dang, as I start to add things up, this really is expensive!)

I can try to justify it. It really is a car replacement for me. We have two cars (3 drivers) and we get by fine, but others in my same situation have a 3rd car they use as a commuter. I don't pay for gas, insurance, car maintenance, or parking. But hey, there are cheaper e-bike options out there than mine. Also, If I were really budget minded, I could commute on a $100 used bike.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
commuter bike-2.jpg (99.2 KB, 841 views)

Last edited by InTheRain; 10-23-15 at 01:01 PM.