Old 04-17-19, 05:14 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Assisting a down cyclist when first-responders are already on site?
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I've been a first-responder to a handful of people that wrecked with bikes. However, today's was a different situation and I'm rolling it over in my head.... here's what happened today:

When I got up to get coffee this morning, I see many first-responders (3 or 4 cops, fire truck, ambulance). Looking closer I see someone sitting the the bus bench and a bike leaning up on the bench
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
+10 kudos to @rumrunn6 for that link It was one of the best, most relevant and comprehensive replies to a query that I have seen on Bike Forums.

Apropos of that link, I had posted to a thread in a similar vein, “Witnessed car accident today while biking”
Originally Posted by bikingtotown
This was a 1st for me. It's different when your out in the open heart already pumping. I've seen them from behind the wheel. Someone rear ended the person at a yeild sign as I was riding through. Pretty much somes up the two types of drivers i come across most often. The overly cautious and the overly aggressive.

I felt bad for the over cautious guy as cars kill ppl daily and if he wasnt there I question if the other guy would have gone right through to hit me or something...
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
So, what did you do in response, e.g offer yourself as a witness? If you were commuting to work, would you hang around?
... Well anyways it made me think and respect the power of the cars we share the road with and the people controlling them can be very unpredictable. Everyone be safe out there
(Probably) all of us (and most).

You can read the Advocacy & Safety Forum to
... Please share any experiences you may have. Or what you might do to stay safe riding on bustling roads with cars.