Old 08-16-19, 08:51 AM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
compared to rsm or laguna niguel, corona del mar or laguna beach, yah. sjc, dana point, san clemente, mission viejo not cheap chickens either,
some (relative) value in parts of tustin, santa ana, orange, villa park or la habra hills but still not "affordable."
Most would not want to live in the more affordable areas. My wife works in Newport Beach (drive through Irvine) and one of the major challenges is the recruiting and getting back east folks to realize that a reduction in 50% of the sq footage of a house is an upgrade. Most the execs do not live in Newport Beach.
Thing is the way SoCal folks live is different than many areas. There is likely not going to be friends over in a basement pool room. You go out. Ride - which is the topic, but also hang at outside places. If you choose to live in a "more affordable" place you spend more time in the car. I personally would take a smaller place near where I want to be, rather than a bigger place that I have to drive to and from.

Irvine is one of the nicer, more affordable places. But if you don't have the dog, and the kids, a small apartment in Newport Beach overlooking the harbor might be a nice alternative.