View Single Post
Old 01-25-21, 09:39 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,099 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
so zero in on one comment that i made about categorizations and ignore the first post i made where i stated quite clearly that "i don't race." i was merely agreeing with another poster when i wrote "i'd agree with better categorization for races in zwift." my agreement really had nothing to do with why i started the topic in the first place, this thread just diverged in that direction on its own. i only wanted to know what the deal was with the metric. i was not bashing zwift or making any generalizations, sorry you took it that way. if you are a racer then kudos to you, it is just not my thing and it never really was, curiosity got to me one day, that's all.
I apologize. I probably came across a little strong. People making judgements after one experience tends to rub me the wrong way. In my experience and observations, the categorization isn't bad, and there have been some tweaks along the way to minimize sandbaggers. Being able to ride comfortably on a C group ride is a different kind of effort than a C race. Group rides generally don't demand the same peaks of intensity.

I'm not a frequent racer, but have done enough to get the general hang of some of the typical scenarios. I generally prefer group rides or structured workouts on the Zwift platform. If I was 20 years younger, I might have a different preference.