View Single Post
Old 09-25-20, 12:05 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Atlanta CL has several right now in the $600-800 range which would've been lucky to pull half that before the pandemic. I haven't bothered to look, but still have a few keyword triggers go off here or there, which is how I'm seeing many of them. One in 20-30 will actually be well-priced but it has to be stuuuuuupid cheap for me to buy. I'm still expecting strong potential for layoffs Oct/Nov across multiple industries, dunno if I'll be spared or not so I've been offloading everything I can before then.

I've sold a few bikes in the last couple months. Purged at least half what was in my stable. All CL sales, and I'm pricing about 10% higher than pre-pandemic and giving respectful, no-hassle-no-haggle buyers $20 off with every sale, just as a "thanks for not being a dick" gesture.

I still need to get rid of my too-small 56ish mint Italvega Gran Turismo. I think it's the last complete bike that needs a new home at the moment. But I honestly can't be bothered to list it on CL. After my last round of listing that one specifically, I can't be hassled to deal with the tire kickers. I bet I could get the money out of it in today's hyper-inflated market, though.

Likes For francophile: