Old 05-08-23, 09:39 AM
Harold74

Bikes: Miyata 1000, Lemond Zurich, Lynskey Rouleur, Airborne Zeppelin, Vintage Zullo, Miele Lupa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
I wouldn’t put much confidence in that theory. Exercise physiologist Andy Coggan said there is no scientific evidence to support it.
I listened to the Coggan podcast over the weekend. That was an interesting counter so some of San Millan's stuff. My thanks go out to everyone who pointed me in that direction. Hopefully they get around to ironing out their differences at some point and it's not one of those "science moves at the pace of funerals" kind of things.

I'm torn as to whether or not I'm happy to know about the Coggan stuff. Rationally, this is where my head's currently at:

1) There's a pretty good change that all roads do lead to Rome as you and Coggan say but;

2) The zone two road almost certainly leads to Rome.

Given how badly I want to get to Rome, it make logical sense for me to stick with Z2. So, while it's a relief to feel that I can probably be less strict about zone two, it's annoying to know that I could probably -- but not certainly -- ditch zone two altogether and just go back to to the hell for leather 20 minute all out efforts that I enjoy much more than Z2.