View Single Post
Old 12-11-13, 10:04 AM
spivonious

Bikes: 2012 Trek Allant, 2016 Bianchi Volpe Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stayed home yesterday because of the snow and some extra PTO I need to use up before the end of the year. Had a very nice day with my wife watching the 5" fall. Our street didn't get plowed until early this morning.

I thought about riding in today, but not knowing how the roads were, I decided to drive. After scraping off the snow and ice from my car, I started it up (and it wasn't happy about starting...I think I need a new battery). I turned on the defroster and set the fan to high. No fan. I guess I should have replaced the fan control board when I started having the issue a few months ago. I drove it down the street and turned around. The windshield fogged up so quickly I couldn't see anything.

So I ended up having my wife drive me in. I did get to see the condition of the roads, and for the most part the shoulders are clear, so I think I'll be okay riding in tomorrow. I just need to make sure to bundle up. It was 12F when we left this morning and is supposed to be colder tomorrow. I may just wear my ski goggles.