View Single Post
Old 12-11-13, 07:30 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
It's generally not good to draw big picture long term inferences from limited short term data. For example the jet stream is currently running almost directly North to South over the Rockies, sucking cold air down over the west and central states. Last year the jet stream spent almost the entire winter running west to east over Canada, then tanking a deep southerly dip over the east Atlantic.

So last year we had "global Warming" in the USA, while the Brits and French had an Ice Age.

Hopefully the jet stream will flatten and take all that arctic air across Canada and out to the Atlantic soon.

Really? Funny, that's what the global warming scientist do, they take short history period and made a whole science out of it, yet all three of my local weather stations come up with 3 different weather forecasts every day and yet we look to them for wisdom? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

But my comments on the ice age wasn't about weather here it was about the record cold in the Antarctic for the last 2 years and the Antarctic ice sheet is now larger than it's ever been in the last 35 years. So what's up with the earth? Ice sheets melting in the Arctic but growing in the Antarctic. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...high-saturday/ But more disturbing is the fact that man seems to thrive on bad science, they refuse to look at the fact that the Earth has gone through stages where about every 100,000 years the earth cools where large areas of N America, Europe, and Asia become covered in thick ice, then the pendulum swings back to a more warmer climate where the ice retreats. The science also doesn't want to look at the fact that earth has an elliptical orbit around the sun and that the angle of the earth and the distance from the sun changes every 100,000 years, as the angle changes it cools down one pole more then the other, as the distance changes it cools down or warms up the earth as a whole. Then add onto that the fact the earth can change it's temperature very rapidly, which may explain why wooly elephants were found frozen to death with undigested food.

Of course there is more to this, and of course it's all theory, but I can't help to think we could be at the end of the 100,000 year cycle and may swing back to the ice age again...I hope not, I'm a global warming cheer leader.