Old 01-29-14, 08:05 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
As for the frozen water bottle ... when I've cycled in the depths of winter, I found that putting my bottle in a sock helped. Buy a nice clean pair of socks and stick your bottles in them. The sock delayed the freezing process. If the top froze, I just removed it and drank out of the bottle every now and then. And if it was really cold, I just drank before I left on the ride, and left the bottles at home.

BTW - the sock also works in summer. Soak it in water and it will help keep your bottle cool.
Thanks Machka. I do have a couple of insulated water bottles acquired at various National Bike Summits. So with a little planning they should work. I can remember to not leave my water bottle on the bike when hoisting it onto the bus, as well.

But your sock idea is very good, especially in summer, like the old desert canteens.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.