View Single Post
Old 05-09-20, 10:02 AM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
Rivendell changed? They've gotten weirder if you ask me. What the heck did they do the once extremely good looking Atlantis? They added a second top bar for the larger bikes? For what reason? the only reason it serves is to add more weight in the wrong area, the forks are too spindly for real loaded touring as are the stays, but Grant never cared much for how much a bike weighs. Grant, as Grant does, charges too much money for the Atlantis that isn't even as stout for touring as my Masi is, and for what I paid for a fully equipped Masi Giramondo 700c I only get a frame and fork from Grant, and I guarantee that my bike will hold up better...oh wait, that's right, Grant thinks we should be riding pretty bikes while touring, like we are snotty English gents, the problem is touring is rough on the paint of a bike, so why would someone who wants a decorative bike to ride ruin that fancy paint? All of those Atlantis bikes are now made in Taiwan...so is my Masi.

The only bikes Rivendell now has that's halfway good is the Rodeo which is made in the USA which is cool, and the A Holmer Hilsen which is made in Taiwan. But if you look at both can you really tell which bike was made in Taiwan and which was made in the USA if no one told you and the price wasn't a clue? I think whatever the place they use in Taiwan does a fantastic job though.