Old 07-02-18, 08:50 AM
Lenkearney

Bikes: Cannon dale t700 touring bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hexron
For a couple years I've been haphazardly riding and trying to get to my goal: 50mi ride averaging 16mph. I've just recently started looking at more structured training, but figure I will wait until winter since there's so much nice summer right now.
Problem is - I just get so tired after rides and so grumpy that I think my wife is going to take my bike away..
Glad you wrote this- I am in the same boat- Well - except I am 68, with grandkids, and a max heart rate of about 160.. and an average speed of 13-14MPH, and about 40 pounds over weight.... But hey , other than that- just like you!!

So far long ride has been 40 miles (pay no attention to the young uns falling over laughing) but that wiped me out for 2 days. I have been taking a spin class twice a week as I thought that was more of an HIT workout. that class is hard (60 minutes) - but I get through it - usually have enough let over to do a half hour in the weight room (not sure that is very smart, but I like it) problem is I think I am not getting enough recovery .

I am trying to maintain an 1800 calorie diet to lose weight (not working) and find I am not sleeping well, and generally very crabby. The thread has some great comments- so thanks for writing this.

Len