View Single Post
Old 09-01-19, 02:40 PM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
I was going to start a new thread on saddles and found this one to add to .
After being asked on this forum , if I had tried the stock saddle on my Electra Fat Tire bike , I gave it a try yesterday. This morning I took the Fat Tire out for a morning spin before getting ready for church.
After a few more adjustments, the stock saddle , for the three mile trip , felt better than the Brooks I had on it .
This afternoon , I replaced the Brooks B17 Imperials on my Electra Cruiser 1’s with their factory saddles .
For the distances I ride my Cruisers , I think the stock Electra saddles are going to be fine , maybe even better , meaning more comfortable than the Brooks .
I’ll still keep the Imperials on my Roll and my Hardrock , because it seems to me , the Cruiser saddles are more comfortable in the short run , and the Imperials do better on the longer trips .
Riding on the Brooks , it always seemed to take around three miles before I started feeling comfortable and still would ride “light” when coasting downhill .
The Cruiser saddles are comfortable from the start , but start to make me squirm a little after about four or five miles .
I think the Cruiser saddles look better on the Cruisers too . And with Cruisers it’s all about looking cool as you cruise the neighborhood.