View Single Post
Old 02-26-21, 09:15 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,000 Times in 2,669 Posts
I don't know what wheels would work best for you because you don't really give a ton of info but I will give a huge +1 to hand built wheels. Find a good wheel builder and let them guide you. Me personally I would highly recommend White Industries hubs and Sapim spokes beyond that you have to figure out if you want aluminum or carbon and other features. You may not lose a ton of weight with new wheels but it can give you a better ride and cut down a little weight. Also good tires as wide as you can fit and as supple as you can ride.

Though honestly it sounds like you need another bike if you want really lightweight and you can still keep this bike for training or wet weather riding or when your other bike is down or something like that. It is never ever a bad thing to have multiple bikes now maybe at a certain point you might have too many but that is different for everyone and usually not a real number or a real number only because you have too for some reason.
Likes For veganbikes: