Old 02-19-15, 06:09 PM
nkfrench 

Bikes: 2006 Specialized Ruby Pro aka "Rhubarb" / and a backup road bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by a77impala
I was riding the shoulder of a divided highway and had an instant blowout. My front tire was sliced all the way across the tread. I made a boot of a couple dollar bills, put in a new tube and rode the six miles home.
Curiosity got the best of me and I drove out to the scene of the flat. Walking the shoulder I found ten box cutter blades intact and the pieces of several more. Had I not picked them they could have caused many more instant flats.
Originally Posted by Lincoln325
My new bike, purchased in April 2014 has yet to experience a rapid deflation, knock on wood. I had many flats on my last bike, the most stunning being when I had just gone over a one lane bridge in the middle of nowhere and pow, Im on the rim on the back. I stop to examine the damage and there on the ground are a bunch of industrial razor blades the type for box cutters. I figured a truck hit the bridge bump too fast and lost the box of blades which spilled onto the road. The tire was cut clean right across one side to the other, same with the tube. It so happened that a good old boy in a pickup was just approaching so I waved him down and he drove me and my bike all the way to my front door which was good since there was no way to use that tire again.
It sounds like Lincoln325 had his flat before a77impala had one.