Old 12-10-18, 10:01 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
Originally Posted by EdwinHeadwind
I may stand corrected -- an employee told my wife yesterday that all the Performance stores are now closing. Unconfirmed, but credible.
Confirmed. I got an email from them that was confirmed by an employee that all stores are closing. Brick and mortar Performance is done.

Also, this "sale" is garbage at this point. As any of us tight wads know, for years Performance has been running 20-30% sales weekly. If you paid full price at Performance, you were not paying attention. What they've done with these "store closing" sales is discount from the full retail MSRP. These discounts are "up to 40%" but mostly 10-20%. As a result, this is less of a deal than many of their standard weekly sales. I found nothing in the shop I went to that struck me as a particularly good deal. Still, it seems to be working for them. I saw several people there buying armloads of stuff that they could get any day of the week online for less. Based on my experience, don't believe the hype.